Another One of My Go-To Recipes - Pasta with Pancetta and Peas
I don't know about you, but every afternoon I find myself thinking, "how is it already time to prepare dinner?" I just gave the kids an afternoon snack and now I'm already worrying about dinner! Well, I am a big fan of quick and tasty dinners, and this is one of my kids' favorites. I love that there are only a handful of ingredients, it's quick and easy to prepare, and it makes my kids devour peas. What more could you ask for in a meal?
- 16 ounces of pasta (I prefer linguine)
- 8 ounces pancetta, diced (I like these Pancetta cubes I get at Trader Joe's)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) bag frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (I've made this without lemon juice and it's fine, but the acidity gives it a nice little touch)
- Cook pasta in salted water (before you drain the pasta, be sure to save a cup of the pasta water for later - this is key!)
- Saute pancetta in a large saucepan over medium-high heat until golden and crisp.
- Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- In the same pan, saute onions until soft and translucent.
- Add peas and garlic and saute for 3 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan, pasta and pancetta.
- Moisten pasta with some of the reserved pasta water.
- Toss to incorporate, season with salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve, sprinkled with lemon juice.
You can find the original/full recipe on foodnetwork.com. Enjoy!
Leave a comment